Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Loss of Creativity

I was right, before, about what would happen if I chose the movie over writing.  Every single drop of creativity has drained out of me.  I can't write, I can't paint.  I can barely even find the words to express myself in this blog.  Non-writers, you should be very glad that your happiness doesn't depend on your ability to create a good story.  Imagination is fickle, fellow authors, and will abandon you at some pretty crucial moments.  All of a sudden, you'll open the Word document containing your work in progress, and want to delete all of it.  You'll be sure that you'll never finish it, and that it doesn't matter anyway, because it's horrible.  I know.  I go through it pretty often.  At this very moment, I'm close to deleting my entire book and just trying to forget about writing.  But I know I can't.  Eventually I'll finish it, and while it may not be a masterpiece, at least I'll be able to say that I wrote a book.  It'll probably never be published, but I plan to keep trying, and just do the best that I can.  After all, that's all anybody can do.  We just have to keep trying, and eventually, we'll get something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment